Your good advice checklist
At age 20
- If you’ve never seen a gynaecologist, make an appointment.
- Protect yourself against human papillomavirus (HPV).
- Find out what’s new in contraception.
- Don’t let your guard down against STIs.
At age 30
- Have your ovarian reserve tested to estimate your eggs.
- If you want to have children, arrange a preconception appointment.
- It’s a good time to freeze your eggs.
- Tone your pelvic floor.
At age 40
- Don’t forget your annual mammogram.
- Don’t waste time if you want children.
- Pay more attention to diet and exercise.
At age 50
- Look after your heart.
- Have a bone densitometry.
- Hormone replacement therapy.
- Anti-aging treatments.
After age 60
- Exercise daily.
- Practise personal hygiene to prevent vaginal infections.
- Don’t isolate yourself and take up a hobby.
- Don’t forget about your gynaecological examinations.